- STUNT, the new competitive team sport derived from cheerleading!
There will be an interest meeting for the emerging sport of Stunt on Tuesday May 21 in the Cafeteria. The meeting will start promplty at 2:30.
- The Spring Banquet is scheduled for Monday May 20 for all Spring Athletes and their guests. Please click on the following link for all the details. Spring Banquet
- SHS Physical Night Wednesday, May 29. Cost: $10.00
Girls - 6:30
Boys: 9th and 10th grade - 7:00
Boys: 11th and 12th - 7:45
** Please bring a completed physical packet (7 pages) which must have parent signatures with you.
We would like to congratulate three people from our soccer program.
1. Todd Worley: Coach/Mentor - Distinguished Service Award: Sponsor: Raleigh Sports Club - Head Coach, Todd Worley is the Varsity Boys and Girls Soccer Coach at Sanderson High School. This award will be presented at the Raleigh Sports Club Annual Banquet on Thursday, April 11, 2013
With Spring Sports comes many changes with the weather. Remember to check the make up page on the web-site for the most up to date information.
“Sanderson Athletic Club - Bob Catapano Scholarships”
The Sanderson Athletic Club is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the “Sanderson Athletic Club – Bob Catapano Scholarships.” The club began the scholarship program in 1990 and has given it in the name of Former Sanderson Athletic Director Bob Catapano since 1997.
One female and one male member of Sanderson’s Class of 2013 who participated in the Sanderson athletic program this year will each receive a $1000 scholarship.
Applicants must be seniors who have been involved as participants in some capacity in the Sanderson athletic program during the current academic year, must be planning on furthering their education after graduation from high school, and shall possess the qualities of a positive role model.
Applications will be available in the career center beginning March 15. Candidates must submit the completed application by May 1 , 2013. The scholarship recipients will be selected by the Scholarship Committee, a panel of Sanderson faculty members, and will receive their awards at the Spring Sports Banquet on May 20.
March 15 Applications available in Career Center
May 1 Application deadline
Week of May 1 Scholarship Committee selects recipients
May 20 Scholarship presentation at Spring Banquet
- The 2013 Spring Sports schedule is here. As of February 27th
- 11/26/12 - Sanderson was presented with a check for $1,000 from MADD NC for winning the High School Survivor contest. Way to go Spartans! Most Importantly, thank yoiu to MADD and G-105 for this opportunity. Don't Drink and Drive!
- Congratulations to Coach Todd Worley for being named the N.C. 4A State High School Coach of the year in soccer. This award is given by the North Carolina Soccer Coaches Association and is a great honor. Thank you to Coach Worley and congratulations on a great season.
- Congratulations to Coach Raymond Hammond Steve Klein. Coach Hammond has been elected by the NCHSAA to officiate in the State Volleyball Championships and Coach Klein has been selected to do the PA. This is a great honor and we are proud to have them as Spartans. Way to go Coach's!
Tony Lewis - AD, Todd Laughlin - Baseball Coach, Tyler Hardy - Baseball: Methodist, Chris Silber - Baseball: High Point
Olivia Costella -Soccer: Winthrop University, Joanna Boyles - Soccer: UNC, Morgan Porter - Soccer: Campbell University, Taylor Wood - Soccer: Western Carolina
Volleyball: Liberty: Nzea McQuitery and Coach Stephanie Rhodes
Who ya gonna call?
There's a game scheduled for later in the day, it's raining and you want to find out whether or not the game will go on. What to do? We try to "make the call" by 2:00 PM on days when the weather is "iffy." You can check the website under " make-ups" to see if the game has been cancelled and rescheduled. Please wait until 2:00 PM to for the latest up dates.
Please note that we only attempt to announce postponements or cancellations of GAMES, not practices.
Note: Whenever school is closed or closes early due to inclement weather, no athletic practices or games are permitted that day, with or without a coach, on or off campus.
- Join the Sanderson Athletic Club and get Season Passes. Download the 2012-2013 Membership and Season Pass Form.
- Schedule For Meetings 2012 - 2013
- We appreciate the support of our Platinum Gold Sponsors. Please visit their businesses!
- 2012-2013 Program and Sponsor Board Advertising Contract
Your source for information about upcoming seasons, optional summer programs, tryout and practice dates, forms, and more.
We Want You on Our Team! A general description of the Sanderson Athletic Program with a focus on 2012-2013.
These lists of past conference and state championships won by Spartan teams are as accurate as possible. If you think any are missing, please contact the athletic director.
- Sanderson Guide to Parent/Coach Communication
- Criteria for earning a Varsity Letter at Sanderson
- Wake County Online Athletic Resource Center
- Lifetouch photo packages and pricing options
- NCHSAA Web Site
- N&O Prep Sports
- VYPE Magazine Online
- Prospective College Student-Athletes: Find out about meeting Initial Eligibility Requirements at NCAA affiliated institutions at the NCAA Initial Eligibility Resource Center Web site.