National Art Honor Society: What we're all about
Welcome to Sanderson High School's chapter of the National Art Honor Society! We are a more organized, nationally recognized version of your usual high school art club. According to the NAHS Chapter Application Handbook, "The NAHS strives to aid members in working toward the attainment of the highest standards in art areas, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community." Sanderson's chapter of the NAHS is involved in local art exhibits and art-related service projects, and we meet every other week to work on projects and enjoy each other's company. Here are some further details:
Jeannette Stevenson (Website)
Angela Cretarolo (Website)
Must have taken at least one Art course (no longer needs to be during the course of the same year).
Must maintain a "B" or better average in each art class taken.
Must be attending Sanderson High School.
This is a quick overview of all of the art-based community service opportunities that we have been made aware of. More details can be found on the service opportunties page.
- Holly Days is November 30-December 2. All members must work for at least two hours, but additional hours can count for the service count.
Likewise, this is a quick overview of all the Art Shows we have coming up. More details can be found on the art exhibits page.
- Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild show
- High-contrast black-and-white art for the calendar is due October 10 for the first judging and, barring that, October 18. If you turn it in to Ms. Stevenson by October 10, she will keep it for both dates.
- November 15- Holly Days workday, bring t-shirts for screen-printing
- November 29- Holly Days workday
- November 30-December 2- Holly Days (all members must work at least two hours, and any additional hours count towards the fifteen service hours)
- December 13- Holiday celebration
If you're looking for information and it's not up here, check back in the next one or two weekdays. I'll try to be prompt. If you desperately need any information my email address is email@example.com (though if it's not up here, I may not know any more than you do). The other officers' emails can be found on the officers page.